Are you looking for the perfect combination for your lips? Matching lipsticks and lip pencils isn't always easy, but with a few little tricks you can achieve the perfect make-up!
Sometimes lipstick is not enough for perfect lip make-up... lip pencils are also needed. Often overlooked or underestimated, lip pencils are actually irreplaceable allies in enhancing our make-up. And once you've found the perfect combination of lipstick and pencil, you're done!
But what are the uses of lip pencils? First of all, it is a product that can enhance the lip line and redefine the edge of the lips, correcting small defects and giving a more defined shape. It also makes it possible to reach the corners of the mouth that are difficult to make up and improves the performance of the lipstick, both in terms of finish and duration.
Tips&Tricks for choosing the perfect lip pencil
Even with lip pencils, however, you can run into a little disaster! A wrong colour, an unsuitable texture and your make-up will no longer perform as well. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you choose your lip pencil.
- Prepare your lips with a nude pencil
It's a little-known but popular trick among beauty addicts because it creates a lighter, more even-toned base that will make your chosen lipstick shade seem even more vibrant.
- Choose a coloured pencil to match your lipstick.
If you want to outline your lips and define their edges, look for a lip pencil that is very similar (if not perfectly the same) as your lipstick. Avoid excessive contrasts, unless you want to achieve an ombré effect: in this case, remember to blend the colour.
- Colour all lips
The lip pencil can be used not only to outline the lip contour, but also to colour the entire lip surface. With this technique the lips will look much smoother and more even. In addition, filling in the lips completely with the pigments of the pencil makes any other product applied afterwards (such as lipstick) last much longer.
Each CULT Matte has its own lip pencil
Now let's talk about combinations! As we said before, choosing lipstick and lip pencil in the same colour will give your make-up a more natural and harmonious look.
Let's see, in detail, which lip pencils can be combined with the new CULT Matte lipsticks:
- CULT matte 201 Statement + REBELIPS 104 Seashell or ARTIST LIPS 101 Fudge
- CULT matte 202 Impeccable + REBELIPS 102 Hazelnut or ARTIST LIPS 101 Fudge
- CULT matte 203 Angelic + REBELIPS 104 Seashell
- CULT matte 204 Timeless + REBELIPS 105 Skin or ARTIST LIPS 104 Flesh
- CULT matte 205 Supreme + REBELIPS 101 Taffy or ARTIST LIPS 106 Lychee
- CULT matte 206 Avantgarde + REBELIPS 101 Skin or ARTIST LIPS 104 Flesh
- CULT matte 207 Bestseller + REBELIPS 103 Blush or ARTIST LIPS 107 Mauve
- CULT matte 208 Temptation + REBELIPS 101 Taffy or ARTIST LIPS 102 Rosewood
- CULT matte 209 Fashion + REBELIPS 103 Blush or ARTIST LIPS 107 Mauve
- CULT matte 210 Pretty + REBELIPS 106 Auburn
- CULT matte 212 Stylish + REBELIPS 108 Quartz or ARTIST LIPS 105 Petal
- CULT matte 213 Wild + REBELIPS 112 Orchid or ARTIST LIPS 108 Plum
- CULT matte 214 Mistress + REBELIPS 109 Currant or ARTIST LIPS 108 Plum
- CULT matte 215 Trendsetter + REBELIPS 110 Peony or 110 Berry
- CULT matte 216 Lover's + REBELIPS 111 Jam or ARTIST LIPS 111 Cherry
- CULT matte 217 Sex Machine + REBELIPS 111 Jam or ARTIST LIPS 111 Cherry
- CULT matte 218 Succulent + REBELIPS 112 Orchid or ARTIST LIPS 109 Wine
In short, there is something for everyone and we are sure that finding the perfect combination for your make-up will be very easy! Now it's your turn: outline your lips, colour them and turn them into a CULT!