The Met Gala is the annual gala held at MoMa in New York City. The event is held every first Monday in May, and the theme for 2023 was Karl Lagerfeld, to remember the famous artist who passed away a few years ago. This event is widely attended because designers and celebrities collaborate to create extravagant and theatrical outfits. It is not only fashion though, the "hair and makeup" aspects are also very important, which we like to follow and reproduce for all our beauty lovers.
After carefully observing all the make-up present at the gala, we wanted to reproduce that of model Emily Ratajkowski, in which the focus was all on the eyes and cheekbones.
EMILY'S LOOK REPRODUCED BY BEATRICE BORGONOVO
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO FOLLOW?
First prepare the face base by using a primer to moisturize, reduce pores and give shine.
- Carefully apply a Concealer moisturizing action on areas of the face that have any discolorations, such as around the eyes, around the nostrils or on any imperfections.
- To even out the complexion, choose the right foundation for your skin's needs. For the model in the video, we chose our Dew Shield BB Cream in shade 102 because we wanted a product that was not only moisturizing but also protective. Both Concealer and the BB Cream were applied with a dampened sponge and then wrung out.
- As a final step for the base, apply a strand of Powder, using a brush, to give the complexion a smooth, matte finish. We recommend trying our Nude Venus with its silky, impalpable texture.
- Now the key moment, which is eye makeup. In fact, in this make-up the focal point is the eyes, which are emphasized by a smokey embellished with shimmer shades.
- First apply black pencil on the upper eyelid, starting from the middle of the eye, proceeding outward, then blending it with a brush and do the same thing on the lower eyelid. Then apply a neutral-toned eyeshadow in the part on both the upper moving eyelid and along the perimeter of the lower one.
- Next, choose a warmer shade to be applied in a modular fashion to both the outer part of the mobile eyelid and the fixed eyelid, then blending well down to the lid arch. If desired, a touch of black can be added to intensify the shade more.
- At this point you need to make the look magnetic, and what better way than with a shimmer shade? In our case, we used our Bare Harmony palettes, both the 2.0 and 3.0 (one of our latest additions), for all eyeshadow shades.
- Then apply a mascara with lengthening and volumizing properties, such as our best-selling Big and Thick.
- We then want to emphasize the shape of the face by going to apply bronzer, blush and finally Highlighter on the top of the cheekbones. Very important in this case is to spread the products going from the bottom to the top, to create a lifting effect.
- The last touch of gloss and there you have it, the Emily look is ready.